Our Featured Orthopedic Services
Studies say that today depression is a mental illness which affects about one in ten people. Depression is a condition where a person feels useless, hopeless and extremely sad. This can happen without any apparent reason. The episodes last for long and occur frequently to the point that it affects the daily functioning of the person. Traditional treatment is performed with anti-depressants and psychotherapy.
Recent studies conducted by the University of Bern show that regular physical exercise can help alleviate symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress. Physical activity is known to be beneficial for overall health and prevention of cardiac diseases. The basic cause of depression is the deficiency of a certain chemical known as serotonin. Serotonin is an important chemical in the brain which is responsible for a variety of functions related to mood, sleep and appetite. Thereby, a deficiency of serotonin leads to depression, but what causes this deficiency is yet unknown.
Our practice is constantly improving both the breadth and quality of our orthopedic care. With advanced technologies such as ultrasound, x-ray, and c-arm machines at our office, comprehensive orthopedic care is now more convenient than ever. To learn more about some of the orthopedic specialties we cover, please visit the following links:
- Treatments for Shoulder Injuries- Shoulder Surgeon in Dallas
- Advanced Back and Neck Care
- Trauma Injuries Including those Sustained in Auto Collisions
- Treatment For Ankle Injuries – Ankle Surgeon in Dallas
- Knee Injury Treatment – Knee Surgeon in Dallas
- Advanced Hand & Wrist Care – Onto Orthopedics
- Indoor and Outdoor Sports Injury Care