Our practice is constantly improving both the breadth and quality of our orthopedic care. With advanced technologies such as ultrasound, direct radiography (DR) x-ray, and c-arm machines at our office, comprehensive orthopedic care is now more convenient than ever. To learn more about some of the orthopedic specialties we cover, please visit the following links:
- Treatments for Shoulder Injuries- Shoulder Surgeon in Dallas
- Advanced Back and Neck Care
- Trauma Injuries Including those Sustained in Auto Collisions
- Treatment For Ankle Injuries – Ankle Surgeon in Dallas
- Knee Injury Treatment – Knee Surgeon in Dallas
- Advanced Hand & Wrist Care – Onto Orthopedics
- Indoor and Outdoor Sports Injury Care
Automobile accidents often leave a trail of irreparable injuries to the back and spine in addition to reparable dents on the car. Back injuries can be divided into 3 parts for easier understanding, those affecting the- cervical (neck), thoracic (upper back) and lumbar (lower back) regions.
The back may be hit very hard depending on the velocity of the car in an accident. The back is composed of multiple vertebrae stacked up one above the other interspersed by firm jelly-like ‘intervertebral discs’. In case of a sudden, severe injury there may be ‘popping out’ or herniation of the intervertebral disc as well as a fracture of the vertebrae. This can result in very tremendous pain in the back, producing immense difficulty in back movements. These usually occur in upper and lower back regions.