Onto Orthopedics employs the latest endoscopic and minimally invasive surgical technology for spines. These endoscopic systems uses very small incisions to allow the removal of bulging discs and bone spurs which may be compressing nerves in your back. During the procedure, a very small camera is passed into the epidural space around the spinal column. Pictures are then transmitted to the orthopedist to permit the minimally invasive removal of the abnormal growths. Endoscopic procedures usually take little time and often reduce pain. This approach, as performed by Doctor Hayden, may allow you to avoid larger, more invasive procedures such as fusions or laminectomies.
Minimally Invasive Benefits1:
- Discharge times for minimally invasive procedures are often half those of standard open procedures.
- Minimally invasive incisions are usually much smaller than those for standard procedures. Scarring might be significantly reduced.
- Post-operative pain is typically much less for endoscopic procedures than open procedures.
- Time to recovery is typically much shorter with endoscopic spinal procedures than with traditional open procedures.
Am I a good candidate for a minimally invasive procedure?
- Not all physicians perform endoscopic spine procedures. Dr. Hayden has been trained to perform a variety of these highly technical procedures. He can evaluate your specific injuries and pain to suggest an optimized treatment for your situation.
Give Onto Orthopedics a call at 214-731-3008 to see if a minimally invasive approach is right for you. To reach us after hours, please contact us via our "contact us" page.