Orthopedic Services in Plano, TX- Spine, Sports, Joint, Trauma Care
Orthopedics is a special branch of medicine that deals with the conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system of the body. Orthopedic surgeons are trained in diagnosing and treating the diseases affecting this system. They use surgical as well as non-surgical means to treat their patients. The musculoskeletal system comprises of bones, muscles, joints, ligaments, tendons and nerves, etc. The orthopedic surgeon’s years of training and experience come into play when any of these are affected. These physicians specialize in identifying and then treating some of the following disease conditions:
- Congenital disorders: Club foot, knock knees, bow legs etc.
- Bone tumors
- Degenerative diseases: arthritis, osteoporosis
- Fractures, dislocations, sprains, strains and other sports injuries
- Spine disorders like scoliosis, spinal stenosis, intervertebral disc prolapse or rupture, sciatica, ankylosing spondylitis etc.
- Infections like osteomyelitis
- Injury or damage to the muscle, ligament or tendon
Dr. Hayden has received medical training from the University of Massachusetts and is always focused on the concerns of his patients. Surgeons do not always opt for surgical procedures to treat their patients, but also use various non-surgical means of treating their patients. Often, these non-surgical methods are used before moving to surgery. Some non-surgical means include physiotherapy, oral anti-inflammatory medications, cortisone injections , hyaluronic injection, traction etc.
As a Dallas Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. Hayden performs various surgical procedures like joint replacements, reconstructive surgeries, arthroscopy, spine surgeries, arthroplasty, bone grafting, fasciotomy, etc.
Most Dallas Orthopedic surgeons are known to provide high quality personalized care to all the patients, and are known for their services in the surrounding neighborhoods. When our shoes need repairing we look out for a cobbler and not a tailor. Similarly, when our musculoskeletal system is affected we should see a specialist such as an orthopedic surgeon. These specialists can rapidly relieve pain and set us back on our feet.
Sometimes we overlook a problems and never realize when they become major ones. Dr. Shawn Hayden, a Dallas Orthopedic surgeon, is always there to serve you with some of the best possible orthopedic care available in the country. Please contact us for assistance with your musculoskeletal injuries.
- Leafblad ND, Van Heest AE. Management of the Spastic Wrist and Hand in Cerebral Palsy. J Hand Surg Am. 2015 Feb 24. pii: S0363-5023(14)01699-2. doi: 10.1016/j.jhsa.2014.11.025. [Epub ahead of print] Review. PMID:25841769.
- Lane LB, Starecki M, Olson A, Kohn N. Carpal tunnel syndrome diagnosis and treatment: a survey of members of the American Society For Surgery of the Hand. J Hand Surg Am. 2014 Nov;39(11):2181-87.e4. doi: 10.1016/j.jhsa.2014.07.019. Epub 2014 Sep 13. PMID:25227597.