Orthopedics is a branch of medicine that deals with the conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system of the body. The musculoskeletal system comprises of bones, muscles, joints, ligaments, tendons and nerves, etc. Orthopedic surgeons use surgical as well as non-surgical means to treat their patients. Orthopedists also use noninvasive or minimally invasive diagnostic techniques to evaluate a potential injury. Many of these techniques can now be performed in office.
Orthopedic surgeons like Dr. Hayden specialize in identifying and then treating some of the following disease conditions:
- Pediatric orthopedic injuries (childhood)
- Bone conditions
- Degenerative diseases: arthritis, osteoporosis
- Fractures, dislocations, sprains, strains and other sports injuries
- Spine disorders like scoliosis, spinal stenosis, intervertebral disc prolapse or rupture, sciatica, ankylosing spondylitis etc.
- Infections like osteomyelitis
- Injury or damage to the muscle, ligament or tendon
About Dr. Shawn Hayden
Dr. Hayden has received his orthopedic training from the Harvard Combined Orthopedic Residency Program. He is focused on the concerns of his patients. Orthopedists do not always opt for surgical procedures to treat their patients, but also use various non-surgical means of treating their patients. Often, these non-surgical methods are used before moving to surgery. Some non-surgical means include physiotherapy, reparative treatments, oral anti-inflammatory medications, cortisone injections , hyaluronic injection, traction etc.
As a Dallas Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. Hayden performs various surgical procedures like joint replacements, reconstructive surgeries, arthroscopy, spine surgeries, arthroplasty, bone grafting, fasciotomy, etc.
Most Dallas Orthopedic surgeons are known to provide high quality personalized care to all the patients, and are known for their services in the surrounding neighborhoods. When our shoes need repairing we look out for a cobbler and not a tailor. Similarly, when our musculoskeletal system is affected we should see a specialist such as an orthopedic surgeon. These specialists can rapidly relieve pain and set us back on our feet.
Sometimes we overlook a problems and never realize when they become major ones. Dr. Shawn Hayden, a Dallas Orthopedic surgeon, is always there to serve you with some of the best possible orthopedic care available in the country. Please contact us for assistance with your musculoskeletal injuries.
- Leafblad ND, Van Heest AE. Management of the Spastic Wrist and Hand in Cerebral Palsy. J Hand Surg Am. 2015 Feb 24. pii: S0363-5023(14)01699-2. doi: 10.1016/j.jhsa.2014.11.025. [Epub ahead of print] Review. PMID:25841769.
- Lane LB, Starecki M, Olson A, Kohn N. Carpal tunnel syndrome diagnosis and treatment: a survey of members of the American Society For Surgery of the Hand. J Hand Surg Am. 2014 Nov;39(11):2181-87.e4. doi: 10.1016/j.jhsa.2014.07.019. Epub 2014 Sep 13. PMID:25227597.